Monday, June 3, 2013

MartyOnlyNeedsOranges

Who the not-so-nice-place is Marty ?
Well, Marty will be the snake from (I hope) my first finished and polished computer game which will be an enhanced version of the classic game Snake.

Why does he like oranges ?
Really, you should ask him when the game will be done ^_^ but the title is actually and acronym for Mono since I decided to use C# with MonoGame to create this game (initially it was called SnakeFondofMiniLemons since I wanted to make it in SFML with C++)

Why MonoGame and not SFML ?
 Initially I wanted to make it in C++ with SFML but as I moved to Windows 8 ( my notebook only supports Windows 8) I started looking for some libraries that could make game programming much easier so I ran into MonoGame which (as far as I've read and heard) is cross-platform, also C# makes the life much easier, at least for now.

The bad part is that I won't be able to work too much on it for the next 2 months since I have , what you could call, the most important exams in my life in order to get to the best Computer Science college from my country. However when I'll catch some free time I will try to work a little on it.

Anyway, all the work on this project will be on its sourceforge project page, so far I made some (pretty foolish) UMLs and some solid color blocks that will someday be replaced by appropriate sprites, or at least I hope so. Here is the sourceforge page.

No comments:

Post a Comment